Summer Done Simple

Happy New Year !! Here we are in 2012. Awesome :)
I hope you had  beautiful Christmas. Here at the Picket Fence household we are enjoying summer holidays and all the things that come with that.
 Simple things, home based, family focused activity because, increasingly, I'm realising that this is what my children really want.
 Not  expensive toys, holidays to far away places, or thrill a minute game parks ( but they wouldn't refuse if these were offered !!) ( Blurry phone picture but still appropriate)
 But, time with myself and Mr Picket Fence. Just being us.
 I'd forgotten how simple the formula was.

 Wishing you the most awesome, fabulous, wonderful 2012 and the clarity to see, that what is important is right in front of you.
 You may have noticed that little twitter icon on my sidebar. Click it, follow me, and if you like you can keep up with the day to day Picket Fence happenings.  I was awfully slack with my Face book page so have replaced it with twitter...I'm much better at that. Hope to see you there !!
P.S I received , read and enjoyed the ton of emails and comments from my last post.  I'll be getting back to you all this week. You are valued, I'm blown away each time someone takes the time to write. Thanks for rocking my Picket Fence world ! Hold on 2012 ... Here we come  :)

   P.P.S I've left auto behind, and in 2012 ,I'm shooting in manual. Forgive my not so perfect photo's , I'm determined to learn ( and having so much fun with it)
Sharing with Sarah at A Beach Cottage :)

8 comments:

  1. Simply sweet...happy new year...renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having young children in the house, dress ups, cubbies and uninhibited laughter. Have fun over the holidays and Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ava, a very Happy New Year to you! I hope you have a wonderful 2012. It looks like you've got off to a great start. So sorry I missed your last post, I was having computer problems. Your kitchen and the new window and tin, look absolutely gorgeous! Well done you that was a mammoth task to undertake before Christmas, but I am sure you relished it all the more, when you had the time to enjoy it. I loved meeting you last year and can't wait to see what this coming year will bring for you. With love,Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAHhhh Summer with the kids!!! The best time of the year!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ava, happy new year!!! We prefer to have a relaxed family holiday at home during summer, we spend most days at the pool, catching a movie or two, playing games and reading a good book. Too many people roaring past our house to descend the mountain. Our kids do miss the beach though.

    I love the 5 pillowcase idea that you pinned, may have to copy that idea I think!

    Enjoy your summer days, it has been so hot up here even my eyelids were sweating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ava for reminding me about the joys that are always right before me. Your photos are brilliant - I love imperfection and the capturing the NOW despite lack of perfect lighting, clarity etc. I especially love the handstand on the porch - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Very Happy New Year to you!! Wishing you and your family lots of Joy and Happiness in 2012 :)
    Such stunning photo's you have taken! It looks like your family has had a great holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I have just come across your blog and I love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to share!

    Have yourself a great day...and stop by to visit with me too if you like, my 'screen' door is always open to creative types.

    Ciao Bella!
    Your newest follower

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete